FULL STACK DEVELOPER ROLE
You will be a member of the technical duo of skilled full-stack developers responsible for the architectural design and development of the platforms supporting the WomenWork team to make technology decisions that shape current and future developments. You have experience developing large scalable solutions across a breadth of different platforms and technologies.
About the Project
As a team, you will work collaboratively and iteratively on front-end design and back-end development to deliver fully functioning web-based and mobile applications;
- An application submission portal to receive and store application information from an online competition. The portal will integrate into and interface with other third-party software.
- Revamp the WomenWork website and build a WomenWork Digital Platform (Web-based and mobile app) that connects women entrepreneurs and professionals to one another.
The developers will support the full software development life-cycle, from conception to deployment. They should be comfortable with both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries with a knack for visual design and utility.
They will be responsible for;
- Designing client-side and server-side architecture
- Building the front-end application submission portal and the WomenWork digital platform through appealing visual design
- Building web-applications with mobile responsive design
- Write effective APIs that integrate with third-party tools and off-shelf software for the Application Portal and the Digital Platform (i.e Grant Management Software, E-Learning Software, Payment Gateways)
- Perform alpha and beta testing to ensure user-responsiveness and efficiency
- Work with cyber security analyst to perform penetration testing and ensure data protection and security
- Work with data scientists/analysts to develop reporting dashboards
- Develop and maintain all necessary user documentation, FAQs, and application documentation.
- Monitor use of the applications through analytics including downloads by users, interpreting user’s behavior to monitor the needs of the applications and identify areas of improvement.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems
- 6-8 years of experience in software development, including leading a dev team and a project workstream
- Experience applying agile frameworks and methodologies, such as Scrum, Kanban, XP, LSD, and FDD
- Deep knowledge of Data Tools: MySQL Database, Oracle, PostgreSQL,
- Strong application development of mobile programming: SMS, USSD, IVR, Android, IOS and Windows programing
- Strong knowledge of software architecture principles
- Experience working in cloud-native environments
- Preferred Competency in UX/UI principles and practices
- Deep understanding of web performance and optimization
- Demonstrated track record of successfully understanding the business requirements and designing realistic, effective and scalable solutions. Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Familiarity with testing frameworks
Apply for this role